Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Never too late...

"It's never too late, we've still got time, never too late, you can still be mine, it's never too late to change your mind"




I've been slack. Every night I've said to myself "tomorrow". And then slept. But not this morning, this Anzac Day morning.

Last night I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead - a film by Joe Cross about juicing and detoxing and rebooting your life. It was pretty inspiring:


When I was teaching, I suffered urticaria, an auto-immune condition - do you want to see a pic??? Of course you do....

freaking itchy - it was all over my body

I also suffered back spasms and migraines. I'm much better now that I'm not in a massive stress-inducing job, but I know that my body isn't too far off going that way. And I seem to go OK on the diet/fitness thing for a couple of months, then lose motivation and slip back into my unhealthy, so maybe a juice detox/kickstart every 3 months or so is a good thing.  I'll look into the juicing detox thing. I might get a juicer for Mother's Day. 

Anyway, this morning it was time to get back out there in the fresh (chilly 13C) air and lovely sunshine, with the puppy who has sadly been missing his walks/runs. After multiple wee and poo stops (him, not me) we did 5 min warmup, nearly 30 minutes of running (plus some strolls to catch the breath!), walked up the stairs from hell and ran back to the car. Done. Very happy with myself. 



Oh yeah - it's Wednesday....mmm:

75.4 kg - 166.2 lbs (don't you love my Lululemon socks?)
"And in my heart I will forgive you, I've got so much love to give you"



1 comment:

  1. 13C would be perfect. We had such lovely weather last week but this week it's near freezing again. I gained a few over winter...looking forward to knocking them off.

    Glad to see you out again! I know it felt good and hope the funk is behind you now.

    ReplyDelete