Anyways, I was out there and thought to myself "gee, I really miss this!". Not the huffy-puffy of it all and the tight calves and the niggly sore hip (which is sore without running, so not sure how putting it under duress will pan out), but the joy of running.
In particular I missed:
- Being out in the fresh morning air, looking at the pretty beach scenery. How lucky am I to live next to the ocean?
- Listening to my music! I really missed just listening to uplifting, boppy music that sadly has most of it's origins in the 80s (although I can boast the Veronicas and Pink on this morning's playlist as well).
- Taking my dog for a walk. My slow running pace is his perfect trotting pace. But I wish he didn't feel the need to claim the park grass as his own and pee every 20 metres (note to self - I am the pack leader, he does what I tell him!).
- The sweaty, tired feeling of a good workout. I'm hoping I'll sleep like a baby tonight.
- The smug, self-satisfied feeling that I went for my run this morning.
Do you run?
What do you love most about it?