Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Meh. Wednesday Weigh In.

Well, I had a sneaking suspicion my week of dodgy eating and lack of exercise might catch up with me:

70.7kg - 1.1kg gain 

It was a bit bloody depressing to have to record a 1.1kg GAIN for Week 1 of Round 1 of 12WBT. 

Not freaking happy Jan.


How damn easy was it to gain that 1.1kg? No effort at all - and just goes to show how at "my age", the body is designed to hang onto those extra calories like it's life depended on them! What it thinks it needs them for is beyond me.

But I will be consistent! I'm back on track with diet. Apart from a case of DOMS, I'm back on track with exercise.

Well, I actually find that rather depressing....


That's a bit more like it!

I have my 10K fun run on Saturday - I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

I have tentatively started the half-marathon program for Round 1, but my hip/glute is starting to play up again, so after Saturday, I think I will have to back off the running a bit, focus on the stretching, massage and strengthening and rotate my cardio around a bit. Maybe I might try the Intermediate program until we go on holidays. I definitely don't want the big injury thing raising it's ugly head too - now that would be depressing.

Onwards and downwards!!


1 comment: