First up, did 4.04km (7.53km/min) run today. Felt good, with slightly stiff calves - could have kept going at the end, but I don't want to overdo it this week.
Next on the "to do" list - iPod playlist! I know some people don't agree with music during races, but I've only really run to music - it inspires me and peps me up when the going gets tough. I don't want to mess with this trying to run 9km! So gimme a beat:
- Firework - Glee cast version (get all psyched up)
- Take Five - Dave Brubeck (gets me into a nice rhythm - I don't want to go out too fast, this will calm me down)
- Whistle If You Need Me - Kelsey James (great piano piece which I hope I get to listen to crossing the Sydney Harbour Bridge)
- Alive and Brilliant - Deborah Conway (fantastic Aussie singer in 5/4 time)
- Never - Moving Pictures (just visualising Kevin Bacon from Footloose will pep me up!)
- Full Moon - The Black Ghosts (Twilight...ahhh)
- Supermassive Blackhole - Muse (ditto)
- The Rhythm of the Heat - Peter Gabriel (remix by Engelpost)
- Climb Ev'ry Mountain - Junior Vasquez mix (that's about as techno-funky as I get)
- Rock This Party - Bob Sinclair (everybody dance now...)
- Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas (and the beat keeps running, running...)
- Don't Stop Believin' - more Glee cast!
- Hang On - Smashmouth ('cause I figure I might need to at that point!)
- Whip It - Devo (best rhythm for running!)
- Maniac - Michael Sembello (cause she's running like she's never run before)
- Let's Get Loud - J Lo (cheers me up no end - it's all I can do not to sing aloud)
- All Fired Up - Pat Benetar (I believe there comes a time...)
- Playing to Win - Little River Band (more Aussie genius)
- Holding Out For a Hero - Bonnie Tyler (just love it)
- Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield (reaching...for that finishing line in the distance)
- I Run For Life - Melissa Etheridge (the anthem to finish!!)
If I can maintain 8min/km for the whole thing, that should take me up to the finish nicely! What do you think? They are my personal favourites - what's your "must have" song on race day?