Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Viva la Vida!

"It was the wicked and wild wind, blew down the doors to let me in, shattered windows and the sounds of drums, people couldn't believe what I'd become."

I thought the title of this post was going to have to be "Slacker", because it has not stopped raining since Tuesday and I've used this as an excuse not to go out. Hence, no running, no playlist, no inspiration.

And funnily, as my exercise habits went southward, so have my dietary ones! I know for myself, if I exercise, then I am less inclined to put crap in my body. But if I'm being slack, then who cares - pass the chips!

I finally got to go the podiatrist on Thursday - my feet do pronate, but my shoes (Asics Gel Kayanos) and my off-the-shelf orthothotics (Scholl Orthoheel Sports Orthothotics) are doing the trick. I'm wearing the right shoe for my foot type (yay me!), although both the shoes (nearly two years old) and orthotics are due for replacement soon (shopping, anyone??).

So, this morning, after a few wines last night, the rain had eased a little. I had a cup of tea and contemplated getting out there. The dog seemed keen. After about 9:30am, I felt OK, so I thought "bugger it", got the running clothes on, poo bags ready and me and Max went for our run. In the rain (well, sprinkles).


I'm up to Week 7, Day 2 of Ease into 5K - I was a bit worried about running for 26 minutes after my break of nearly a week. But my legs felt good (twinges of plantar faciitis returning in my left foot - have to get onto that) and I felt really good. The dog felt good once he'd relieved himself (he's like clockwork - poos and wees in virtually exactly the same spot every time). I'm such a responsible dog owner, I always pick up after him :-)


So, still not fast, by any stretch of the imagination - in fact, at one point I looked down at the dog and he looked like he was just walking fast, rather than running. But I got out there and I'm taking it easy and trying to stay uninjured.

This afternoon, I have to go shopping (again - I spend my life at Coles), so the fridge looks nice and healthy again like this:

The choc snacks are for the kids...

The rain is forecast to stay with us for another few days at least. Parts of NSW are under water, so I am grateful at least we are being spared flooding and that we replaced our leaking roof last year.

"For some reason I can't explain, once you go there was never, never an honest word, and that was when I ruled the world"



No comments:

Post a Comment