Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

That's better!


Another stunning Sunday morning at Mollymook - 14 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. A slight breeze to help cool me off helped!

What I did:
"Long" run morning! Back at the beach path I did 5.17km in 40min 44 sec, with an average pace of 7.53min/km!! That' 3 minutes faster than last week, and I broke the magic mark of 8min/km! And I didn't stop - I ran the whole way!!! So happy!

How I felt:
I felt really good! Got into a good rhythm, inspired by all the other runners (and dog walkers) out and about this morning (I'm ignoring the fact that all runners were faster than me, I don't care, at least I'm off the couch).

My hip didn't bother me at all during the run, but I made sure I did all my stretches when I finished.

Playlist Highlights:
Feelin' Alright - Joe Cocker
Take Five - Dave Brubeck

Inspiration:

When I don't feel like running and feel like it's too hard and a waste of time, I remember I've entered the Sydney Running Festival and I want to be able to run all the way (only 4km, but still) and run across this amazing finishing line!! Woot!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you! I used to be a runner before the knee packed in and OH HOW I MISS FINDING MY STRIDE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a beautiful run : )

    ReplyDelete