Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

The long run



One day I'll be this skinny!


The Sunday morning "long" run! Bit warmer - 14 degrees. The markets were on at Mollymook - there was no way I was going to be sweaty and beetroot coloured in front of that many people, so I drove over to the creek path.

What I did:
My last runs have been whatever I could achieve in 30 minutes. Today, I wanted to time myself for 5km. I tried to take it easy, so, I ran (and walked!) 5.12km in 43.05 minutes, with an average pace of 8.25min/km. Yes, it did include a couple of short walks, but I'm sure I'll build up my endurance and they will become fewer.

How I felt:
I am struggling to know what "easy" is - my Runkeeper says my "easy" part was the fastest!  But it was hard work - the mental monsters tell me to stop and I have to try not to listen to them! I was actually pretty happy with that time - it kept recording after I'd finished the 5km. 

Playlist highlights:
Breathe (TNT Club Mix) - Kylie Minogue
Full Moon - The Black Ghosts

Inspiration:
Imagining myself running up to the Opera House at the end of the Sydney Running Festival! 

Hubby and the kids on our last visit to the Opera House

No comments:

Post a Comment