Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Ahh - Push It!

Ah, push it - push it good 
Ah, push it - push it real good 

So...our last "Warm Up" week! Monday starts "PreSeason" and some non-compulsory challenges - I wonder what on earth they could be?

This week, I've run 3 times and walked twice. I've cut back on alcohol - changing to gin and diet tonics, low-alcohol wine and trying (not always succeeding!) to have only 2 a night. Last night I drank only mineral water! It's baby steps.

This morning got out for my run. I thought I was doing Week 2, Day 1 of Ease into 10K. But I didn't check my phone properly and it defaulted to Week 3, Day 2 - the next day after where I finished up last year! I thought those 4 minutes seemed awfully long! They were! They were 5 minutes long! No wonder I was a bit hot and sweaty after that:



The app I use is the Ease Into 10K app from Bluefin software. If you've never run before, I wouldn't start with this one - go for the Couch to 5K one. But this suits me after a little break from running - the run/walk intervals are just right (provided I do the right week!). I also like the progress charts:



Got out yesterday for a walk with Maxie - don't let me tell you that I have nowhere to walk...



But to get there we have to trek down a bit of a dirt road, which is a bit of a puddle-fest after the recent rains:



Anyway, so excited to be doing something positive about this weight. I just needed a program or something to hang off - looking forward to next week - bring it on!

Oooh, baby, baby 
Baby, baby 


No comments:

Post a Comment