Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

The reunion weekend

So.....I had my 25 year school reunion!

Firstly, can I just say how blissful it is to stay in a hotel room by yourself? No husband. No kids. No extra baggage (literally and figuratively). Your time is your own and how you want to spend it is up to you. I. Just. Loved. It.



I also had lots of time to make myself beautiful. Probably just as well. I bought the dress, and a cheap pair of spangly earrings. And some new lippy. Did the nails, hair and make-up. And am totally unable to take a decent selfie:



When I first rocked up, everyone was in pants and tops, and I was a little freaked that I was over-dressed. But, sure enough, there were some other girls (err, umm, women? ladies?) arrived who had frocked up too and then I relaxed a bit more.

I think I made the best of a bad situation and that underneath that extra 20kg is a pretty nice looking girl/woman/lady. But there were a few photos that make me even more bloody determined to show up to the next one looking badass! And it was reassuring to know that others were definitely feeling the same way as me.

Check out that double chin - it's gotta go!

We're belting out the school song...well, some of us are!

And the weekend was a bit of a bust diet/exercise-wise. Although I definitely drank less than last reunion and  made better choices (vodka, lime and soda rather than champagne; had salad instead of fries at Maccas on the car trip), I haven't exercised in 5 days.

Post-reunion footsies!

So that was fun and all, but back to the hard work! I'm so determined to look at myself in a photo in the near future and not think "who the hell is the fat chick?"


2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! That is one great dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely.
    And that looks like a fun and relaxing weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete