Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Here it goes again!

Oh, just when you think you're in control
Just when you think you've got a hold
Just when you get on a roll
Oh, here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again

You know how I said that if the blog suddenly stopped and no more posts appeared it meant I had gone off the rails, off the weight-loss wagon? Well. Yep. Kinda did there for a while.

The results were amazingly fast. I must have broke our old scales, because we had to buy new ones. And the bad news - as of last week, I was:


EEEKKKK!!

My size 14 clothes are getting tight. I actually tried on "larger ladies" sized clothing in Target last week. I nearly cried when I saw myself in the changeroom mirror.

It's time to "do something". I thought I could do it by myself. I thought wrong. I need a goal, or a program or something to help me along.

I think a combination of this ongoing hip/hamstring issue plus no program to follow has me unmotivated. I'll do a run, or a even a couple for that week, but then I'll stop. The same with diet - I'll do well for a few days, then hit the wine, cheese and bikkies and even takeaway again if I have a busy day.

Well time for a BIG change before that first number hits 8. Before I actually purchase larger ladies clothing.

I met with a friend who I hadn't seen for a while. I had actually inspired her to start running with C25K. She looked TOTALLY AMAZING. Not just thinner than I had ever seen her, but glowing with good health. Muscle definition in her arms. No double chin. Pouchy tummy gonskies. Planning to run a freaking HALF MARATHON!

She had started with Weight Watchers, but she said the turning point for her was Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation program. She went so far as to say it was the best $200 she had ever spent.

I had looked at the webpage before. They give you exercises and diet and the biggy - mindset changes each week. I wasn't sure about spending the money. But looking at my friend yesterday I signed up. $19.99 per week. I reckon I'll save that in wine! 

So here we go again. Hopefully with big results and lasting changes. And maybe, just maybe I can half marathon in 2013. 

So stay tuned kiddies - and get ready to watch those numbers on the side go down!



2 comments:

  1. Hi and welcome to the 12wbt family! I really liked reading your post and look forward to reading your updates. Are you planning on catching up on the weekly challenges that have been set so far? Or are you just going to start with the new challenge that comes out tomorrow? See you in the forums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vikki! I am trying to do a bit of a "catchup" - especially with the halving the non-water drinks (wine is my weak spot) and moving 30km a week.

      Delete