Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Feel the rain on your skin...

"No one else can do it for you
Only you can let it in"

6am: Alarm ringing because this morning because I had to be at work at 9am. Got up, weighed myself - lost 500g, bringing me to 74.3kg (163.8 lbs). Considering I haven't stuck to things 100%, I'm reasonably happy to see the numbers still trending downward - that's what we want to see. Would I have liked to see 69.0kg staring back at me? You betcha, but I'm realistic too.


While I was all naked-like and everyone was still asleep, I took my Week 4 Mini-Milestone measurements to see how I was progressing. Then I got dressed in my running gear, all set to blitz the 1km time trial.

Except it was raining. What the? It wasn't raining when I woke up! So I did the other bits of my fitness test and stared out the window some more. Checked Facebook (as you do). Checked 12WBT forums etc. Looked out the window some more. Was it lighter? Just a drizzle now? 

7am: Thought to myself "bugger it" and got the iPhone Runkeeper app ready and went out the door anyway. 'Twas just a light drizzle by then, but I felt really hardcore, waving to the old lady who was out for her walk in the rain too. Two old hardcore ladies - where were the youngsters? The first song up on my fully-randomised-shuffle was "Unwritten" - and yes, I could really feel the rain on my skin!

I did a 5 minute warm-up walk to the oval, 10 minute "jog" (more like a "wog" - I find running on grass hard work) and then was fully psyched for my 1km time trial. I really wanted to break into the 6:00min/km pace (I did 7:13 at the start of 12WBT). My app told me I was doing an average pace of 6:34min/km about halfway through. Pretty chuffed. Pretty puffed. So as Salt'n'Pepa encouraged me to "Push It" I really pressed on and kept the pace up. 

8am: Home again. I checked the pace for my 1km on the app - 7:07min/km. I cried. I am pre-menstrual, so don't think too much of it.

I really thought I'd nailed under 7!!! But I have gotten faster, so I guess that's one thing. I'm ignoring all those people who run 5:03min/km....it's not that I actually hate them, it's just that I prefer to think they don't exist and that my running actually looks like sprinting.

But I also improved on everything else, except for those crappy sit-ups who I also hate:




8:30am: Most of my work clothes were in the ironing basket. Did I dare try on those Size 12 pants that did not do up a few months ago (which also made me cry - I'm just a sooky-la-la)? Well, desperate times call for desperate measures, so I wiggled them up my sweaty legs and attempted to do them up. They fit! Let's 'push it' and see if the Colorado medium top fits as well - yes! Well, I would still like the belly to be smaller, but I've made progress! Shower time and then work:


I'm pushing it! And writing my own story...

"Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten"


2 comments:

  1. Wow your wall sit improvement is longer than my entire wall sit. And hello size 12! Losing 14.5cms wow. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running and lunges, baby! Running and lunges :-) Now to get the rest of my clothes into size 12 and I'm really happy with 14.5cm - I can really start to feel it now :-)

      Delete