"When I go walking, I strut my stuff and I'm so strung out
I'm high as a kite, I just might, stop to check you out"
Don't panic, I'm not strung out and I'm not doing drugs! But I enjoyed listening to this song again (ahhh the joys of my youth) whilst re-watching Gross Pointe Blank the other night (huge John Cusack fan!).
And you know how I had a callous that I ped-egged:
And you know how last week in the rain, that baby-soft (well, not really) area got a blister?
And you know how I ran for 10km yesterday? Well, the last couple of kilometres, apart from being hot, sweaty, humid and just freaking hard work were also a bit painful, because baby came back:
|How lucky are you lot|
that I own an iPhone
and get to record
every tiny detail
of my life to share with you???
I posted a thread about blisters on the 12WBT website and got good feedback, which I will share with my extensive readership here:
- if it's small (no) and not in a inconvenient spot (no) leave it alone. If it's big and giving you grief, insert a sterilised needle and let the liquid ooze out of it (it spurted out of mine! Gross!).
- don't pull the skin off - it will get infected
- cover with Compeed (or similar) blister bandaid thingy
- to prevent further blisters, make sure your shoes fit properly
- get good running socks (thought I had, but I'm going to look into 1000 miles socks)
- cover offending area with said bandaid thingys or athletes tape
You can rest assured I will share with you the gory details of how I get on!
"Let me go on, like a blister in the sun
Let me go, big hands I know you're the one"
(I have no idea what those lyrics mean, but I know I dance like a demon to them!)