Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Happiness...

"I gotta hurry, hurry, hurry, now quick, quick, quick, just step on the gas, 'cause I don't want to miss this, this opportunity will only come once in my life..."


After a few days off, it was time to get back out there! I awoke with a start - what time is it? It was 7:30am, but already uncomfortable muggy and a lovely 23C.

I'm up to WEEK 7!! of Ease into 5K:


Pretty slow, I know, but I did push myself up the hill at the end of the path (the one I usually turn around before the start of). And it was hot. And I don't care how fast I'm not going. I need to remind myself of that - it really doesn't matter. The speed will come as I build up a solid, safe, injury-free base.

I spotted this on the Runner's World Magazine Facebook page, and it's true. I'm never going to be fast. I will always have a beetroot face. But I can be out there running - every day you run is a good day.

Bit of snow wouldn't have gone astray this morning...

"Through strength I found love..."


No comments:

Post a Comment