Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Movin' Right Along!!

"Movin' right, footloose and fancy-free, getting there is half the fun, come share it with me!"


Today was the day! The big "20 minute milestone" of Couch to 5K (or in my case, Ease into 5K). As the app said, a few weeks ago I was counting my running in seconds, and today I ran 20 minutes without stopping. Woot!


I won't say it was "easy" - but this time around, I knew I could do it. The uphill bits were, well, uphill, but I enjoyed the flats and downhills. Took the dog (he's done the whole thing this time too - so he should be ready as well) - first stop, poo stop. Sigh. Luckily it was only in the warm-up.

I made a "special" 20 minute playlist, so I only had "good" songs. It definitely made a difference as I could focus on my tunes (instead of how tired I was).

The dog had had enough by the cool-down - he kept stopping and wanting to head back to the car. It took some encouragement to keep him going!

I felt like a "real" runner today. It was only 20 minutes and it wasn't fast, and I felt all out of alignment and a bit sore, but I did it.

I'm tired now!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats!
    And your "real" doesn't need quotes around it.
    You ARE a real runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww - thank you Beth! I'm quite determined to keep going, in my own time and pace (which will never win any races!). But I'm off the couch and loving it!

    ReplyDelete