Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Breaking Free!

"We're soarin', flyin', there's not a star in heaven that we can't reach".


Oh yeah, gotta love a bit of Disney inspiration on your run!

I have been really good with my 1 Million Kilo Challenge diet! And they also give an exercise program - the Bondi Bum training video. So on Monday morning, I got up and did:

  • Shuttle runs - x zero because the kid from next was out on their balcony and I was too embarrassed to run up and down my backyard!
  • Squat jumps - 1 minute (tough)
  • Push ups - 1 minute (on my knees - there is no way I can do the toe ones!)
  • High knee runs - 1 minute (I look ridiculous!)
  • Butt raises - 1 minute (these were OK)
  • Tricep dips - 1 minute
  • Burpees - 1 minute (OM Freaking G)
  • Plank - for as long as you can (30sec for me).
And then you are supposed to repeat 3 times for a total of 4 repeats. I managed 3 times. Sweat was dripping and those burpees were looking seriously demented. But it's a start and if I can do that twice a week, I think it will be a good cross-training effort. I will of course, keep you informed!

And today I was off onto Week 4 of Ease into 5K. I wasn't sure I was going to actually attempt it - my left leg is giving me all sorts of aches and pains, but once I got out there (at 6:30am - thank you very much!), I gave it a go:



So I'm up to running 6 minutes - and it felt very good! No sore calves or hips. I really enjoyed this run! Go figure.

And if you need a little inspiration to get there (or back out there) Sarah and Dimity from Another Mother Runner have this great Podcast which I really enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment